03 December 2007

BBQ 2007

paiseh. took really long to post this up until kena complain lol

This took place on Nov 24th (a day after my birthday).

I started preparing for the BBQ probably sometime in September but started most of the work in October and early and November.

I even did up an invitation this year! (what's new)


Click to enlarge

Took leave prior to my birthday (happens to be a friday this year) as well as thursday to do the groceries.

The planning was a little tiring and did get on my nerve a little hahaha since I kinda did alot of things myself for the start but I was glad everything turned out well.

I was so damn worried about the weather.

I was conned out of my house on friday lol
gu and ching they all wanted to help me celebrate my birthday but gu let the cat out of the bag by accident and I FOUND OUT!!! MUAHAHAHA..

oh well ahahaha it was quite amusing lah.
I was really surprised to see Ling Chee and Xiao Min there though and the strawberry strudel (heartshapped & full of candles!!) tasted superb.

There was a few hiccups for the BBQ this year since there's around 4 people who said they would come but ended up not being able to due to various reasons so there was some leftover food but overall, things still went well. It's really too bad that Immy's in UK this year and Billy's probably overseas still and couldn't attend.

I tried to prepare as much variety of food as possible and also to come up with more original ideas/recipes than the typical chicken wings and hotdogs.

It was quite a challenge since I had to avoid pork products as well as created more dishes that's vegetarian friendly but somehow... we managed it!!

Glad the idea was welcomed and well liked!
My fav was the dijon eggs, beef kabobs and thai tunghoon (my gu prepared this!).
Most of the things we either prepared or marinated on our own, like the salads, my kabobs, the dijon eggs etc. I had fun but as the time draws nearer to 6pm i'm getting quite panicky.

I even placed two rain dolls out on my window to pray for good weather for Saturday and HL is on standby to the rain dance if in case it rains.

I'm so freaking high to see the sky being so clear and having the sun shining into my kitchen lol
gu complained about the lack of breeze but what the heck! IT'S A SUN SHINY DAY!

some after note: after i took the rain dolls dwn the nxt day it started pouring muahahaha

It's prob one of the rare occasions where I see ppl eating up all the cold dishes first (there's quite alot) before we even finished cooking the food over the bbq pit.

the fire took awhile to start properly bcos the first batch of charcoal we bought proved to be abit problematic. heard it's bcos the charcoal was abit moist and the fire ended up not being hot enough to cook the food fast enough.
tsk. to think we bought it from NTUC.

so we went over elsewhere near the pit and bought a new bag.

things went pretty smooth after that.

Jere, YK & Sureen drove o'er to help carry most of the heavy stuff over.
Thank god!!

the pit wasn't all that near McDonalds.

hopefully the next time we have a BBQ, more ppl will be able to attend.


Click to enlarge

For those of you who attended (or was invited),
you can download the pictures we took that day from (this link here)

Pls take note that I've uploaded this file on December 03.
They will be available online for download for only 7 days.

0 comments: